View Single Post
Old 20th February 2009, 13:02   #675  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicemaster102 View Post
in order to completely bypass BD+.
I don't think "bypassing" BD+ is possible. We are doing exactly what all the licensed Blu-Ray players are doing.

Quote:
This is not to mention the fact that once we have an operational BD-J library, we would more or less have fully functional menu support under Linux with relatively little effort compared to what has already been done.
Hopefully

Quote:
P.S. something that might be nice to get more people testing this stuff is to make it easily and openly available, maybe precompiled and available for download from a repository for Linux.
You can find full build/binary snapshots in my previous postings.

Quote:
Also, basic step by step instructions on how to use these tools is not readily available so that might be something to consider.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
AACS most probably will never be broken and there will be always the hunt for new keys.
I would be a careful with such statements. Even if no weakness can be found (which i think is unlikely) the underlying AES cipher is losing 1 bit of its security every 18 months (Moore's law).
Well maybe by the time AES becomes insecure we will all have DRM modules implanted in our brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
Can I donate money or blu-ray discs to you? I am not very technical but I want to help out.
No thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybuntu View Post
where I can find the source code of this project.
It's currently hosted at assembla: https://trac.assembla.com/bdplus/

Quote:
Maybe you could host this project on https://launchpad.net/ ?
I'm currently quite happy with assembla but it might be a good idea to move the BD-J part (trunk/bdj) to a different repository.

Quote:
I would be glad to helping this project
AACS needs to added to libbluray (currently BD+ only). The maintainer (Accident) is busy at the moment. You could help by finding volunteers to help with the project.
I need to explain and simplify the environment for BD-J so more people are willing to experiment. The directory structure needs to be explained (eg. BUDA = "Binding Unit Data Area" etc). Furthermore some of the native functions return data specific to the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still".
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote