View Single Post
Old 12th April 2009, 20:05   #25  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
My method is much more simple and fast: just turn on the "Mark Played PGCs as Played" option, and run the trace. You don't need to break at all (except perhaps on PGCs containing RND operators, to examine them carefully.) When you have finished to navigate in the whole DVD, the PGCs that have never been reached will NOT have the 'played' comment, and you can locate them easily.

One more thing: I highly recommend to run Info -> Find Jumps to Nowhere after you have removed the uncalled PGCs, as if, per chance, you forgot to trace to a specific PGC, it might have been removed even through it is useful.
Could you elaborate on RND operators please? My take on this is you are warning me that some PGCs may have IFs that could cause jumps to unplayed PGCs or cells directives to use previous/next PGC links that were not executed when I traced using mark played pgcs. Normally my instincts are to evaluate all possible PGCs that show as jumping to the unplayed PGCs and edit out jumps to unplayed PGCs (carefully). Is that what you warn about when referring to RND operators?

THANX
david42 is offline   Reply With Quote