View Single Post
Old 21st January 2014, 01:01   #18908  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
I encoded using X264/lavf a few hours ago. Everything appeared in sync, though frames seemed to stutter. The original was 29.97, and finished job was 23.976. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen, encoders in general. Now I'm gonna see what happens using DGDecNV. I've had it correct issues in the past. I'll post back tonight, when it's finished.

Seems to totally be a decode issue. MPCHC has a problem playing the ripped files properly. Similar, to how the encoded files behaved, but not quite as erratic. TMT 5 plays the ripped files flawlessly. It can't be a bad rip, the disc is in near perfect condition. Though I have heard of people getting bad pressed discs. I really doubt that here.

I wonder if this:
Inverse Telecining in effect (IVTC)
is being handled incorrectly.
Not sure what this means (Warning: SD Progressive Output in effect)

I hope DGDecNV corrects the problem. It's going substantially faster!
I am positive IVTC is being done correctly. About 90% of the U.S. discs I process are telecined.

That warning is just letting you know that the SD source is being encoded as progressive. The BD standard specifies SD progressive @ 23.976 only on secondary video. But I have never seen or heard of a player that accept play it, and the BD flags also allow it. It gives much better quality than telecining so I allow it. You can disable it with , however, with a hidden option, but I wouldn't recommend it.