View Single Post
Old 28th November 2008, 00:09   #7167  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Not sure about that. Has anybody even brought this problem to ArcSoft's attention yet? Of course they won't fix it, if nobody reports it...
actually, i believe that ArcSoft can't fix anything about DTS-HD MA decoding, they just buy the DTS-HD decoding library from DTS Labs and use it.

if you look with hex editor in dtsdecoderdll.dll (Arcsoft), CinemasterAudio.dll (Sonic) and dtshddec.dll (Corel WinDVD9) you can find the version of the DTS Labs DTS-HD decoding library with which the corresponding DLL is linked.

Arcsoft uses the most recent version of all of these 3 DLLs, but it's still old compared to the version that DTS Labs DTS-HD MAS suite version 1.6 is using.

so, i'm under the impression that when DTS Labs make newer version of the DTS-HD decoding library they don't supply it to their customers of the old versions of the library for free, otherwise i can't understand why Arcsoft, Sonic and Corel don't update the version they are using to the latest one, but instead they use old versions.

Last edited by xkodi; 28th November 2008 at 00:22.