Thread: DG NV tools
View Single Post
Old 8th July 2009, 22:10   #24  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Could someone please take a look at the .h264 snippet below (11Mb) and tell me if the source is corrupt somehow (I can't see any problem), or if it's my system that's not decoding it properly. On opening/preview I see a visual glitch at what appears to be the 3rd or 4th I-frame in, just as the MGM lion appears and is about to growl.

At first I used DGAVCIndexNV 1.0.14 beta 4, with attendant DGDecode.dll, then I tried 1.0.13 and it does the same thing. Posting here cuz this thread deserves a bump anyway!

I am using latest NVidia driver 186.18 and its ncuvid.dll (though I did try the older one too to the same result). Maybe my BD rip/extract is corrupt or something? But this has happened to me before (a single glitch at the very beginning of a movie, last time at the Warner "studio flyover" logo) which I didn't spot until after re-encoding, but I was able to just cut it out. Any ideas welcome...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mnmnm2nndjm/snip.h264

EDIT: Only after writing this post did I think to try DGAVCIndex (non-NV) and it doesn't glitch! So now I'm worried my Nvidia card is maybe broke?

Last edited by laserfan; 8th July 2009 at 22:21.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote