View Single Post
Old 7th December 2017, 22:27   #1340  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
No problem here with v0.152.2851 64-bit.

Are you sure that your Avisynth is correctly installed ? It is possible that x264 crashes because Avisynth sends a bad frame or issues an error not correctly handled by x264. Also, I recommend to use only the "standard" Avisynth v2.60. Other versions can have many bugs or subtle differences gthat can be incompatible with BD3D2MK3D.

Another possible cause of crash is a bad BD, possibly with a read-error, or a BD not correctly decrypted. But of course, it the encoding crashes with several BDs, you can exclude this case.
I started having problems with a recent BD3D2MK3D update, which included the new x264. I never had problems before.

The issue also persists on my 2nd PC so that's why I thought it might be a software issue, and after replacing the x264 executable with the previous release my suspicion was confirmed.

I'm using AviSynth 2.60 as found on https://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/ - the standard release, as you call it.

I use MakeMKV to create 3D MKV's which then serve as input for BD3D2MK3D. Yes, it's the latest version (1.10.8).

I'm currently trying a few new encodes. The crashes occured on several movies but I forgot which ones exactly. :P