Old 13th October 2012, 16:00   #5  |  Link
nibus
Telewhining

HybridFuPP rocks!

Mediafire Mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6g09aazs4z7m11a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuPP View Post
Tested M_Str with MP_Mode = 2, could not reproduce your problem (I can see a difference between 0 and 255, for instance... Of course only in motion areas)

Code:
Hybridfupp(608, 320, show="", MP_Mode=2, M_Str=255)
Please test with 0.992b. If still the same post your entire HybridFuPP line in the new thread.

A few thoughts : could be related to the preset used. Use show="P" to check what is said about M_Str. Did you check if some motion was detected, using show="M" where you checked ? This parameter is only useful in motion areas...

FuPP
I didn't realize that M_Str was only applied to motion areas. In that case, it is working properly. However, is there an option to tweak the regular denoising strength in D_Mode=2 (mvtools) for HybridQ?

Because of the lack of this option, I usually specify SMDegrain as my 2nd denoiser. It allows for much more tweaking, as well as contra-sharpening. In addition, the regular D_Mode=2 option eventually starts slowing down on my system, while SMDegrain continues to use 90+% of my CPU. I also add Spresso and STpresso to the pre-resize denoising chain to further increase compression:

Sample script:
Code:
hybridFupp(width=768, height=320, preset="HybridQ", M_TRadius=0, D_Mode=0, MP_Mode=0, N1="Spresso(4,25,4).STpresso(4,24,17,24,3,49,1)", 
N2="SMDegrain(tr=3, thSAD=400, blksize=8, amp=0.0625, RefineMotion=True, prefilter=0, Contrasharp=true, overlap=2, pel=1)", Resizer=7, 
ME_Resizer=7, Bl_Size=16, Fast=false, B_Thr=0, D_Thr=20, DS_Enh=false, ARAdjust=false, Skin=true, Enh_Str=1, EM_Mode=1, E_Thr=140, 
E_Auto_Str=false, E_Str_X=50, E_Str_Y=50)

The real beauty of the FuPP script is the "skin" setting that adds grain to skin tones. My main gripe with denoising is that it makes faces and skin look pasty and fake. But using the skin setting does wonders to minimize this. However, I have found scenes where the tone of an actor's skin has been somewhat different, and therefore did not have grain applied to it. Would it be possible to add an option to expand, or change the tone of skin that grain is applied to? Even better, apply a different skin tone mask to a specific set of frames?

Overall it's a great script that I have found immensely useful. Here is a 720p sample at only 382kbps, thanks mostly to these two scripts and some x264 tweaking. (Granted they are only talking heads ) The source had quite a bit of grain in it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lc3azxfl55dnf3v
nibus is offline   Reply With Quote