View Single Post
Old 19th March 2003, 17:41   #8  |  Link
MackemX
..DVD GOD..

Quote:
Originally posted by Demi9OD
I used to do comparisons ALL the time when creating some of the first VBR divx encodes with 3.11 and scene change keyframes, WAY before Nandub existed. In short I know how to do a good comparison and at least for my purpose, main movie quality comes first with extras, menus, and encoding time coming in far behind. The best way to do the comparison is to take the original PGC and create new IFO files with IFO edit, containing only the original movie. Then encode with all 4 programs and get equivalent sizes out of all of them. Pull up frame by frame comparisons in Vdub through an avs script as well as eyeballing the video in motion to see how it handles frame transitioning. I will use a pretty demanding source, such as Saving Private Ryan or Brotherhood of the Wolf, long with lots of action and detailed scenes. I will probably use Brotherhood for my testing because I don't have it backed up ATM anyways
good to hear and I also thought of ripping the movie only title out using Ifoedit and had suggested in my original post here, but then took it out as I didn't know whether you could get DVD95Copy to create a reduction of 75% iwth only the movie file, so I gave that a miss as a suggestion to mrbass and told him just to ignore the adio/extras in the InstantCopy/DVD2One/CCE as you can adust the resulting movie only size with these 3

I look forward to your comparision as it looks like you are more meticulous to detail as I am when it comes to comparisions

but we are know the order of results anyway, but it's still nice to see the pics