View Single Post
Old 17th December 2002, 23:57   #28  |  Link
midiguy

Quote:
Originally posted by karl_lillevold
No, I am sorry, not until the next version of RealVideo. The way the post-filtering is designed makes it non-adjustable. This design is part of why RV9 works so well, but a dis-advantage is that it's non-adjustable. We spent a lot of time tuning it, and doing taste tests, to avoid any more blurriness than needed, but at the same time have no blockiness. Users really don't like blockiness.
are you saying that the next version of the RealOne Player will allow you to change the post-processing level??? I missed that little tidbit earlier. could there also be a setting to turn it off completely? that would be awesome!

also, the post-processing for that little test clip I encoded is WAY too much for my tastes.. I would rather see a few blocks and maybe some noise than anything that blurry and soft. Sometimes there are clips like that that need to be encoded, and that do not have the benefit of "easy" parts to the sequence. that is why I tihnk makign the post-processing configurable would really make a big difference and really start shit up in the video compression community
midiguy is offline   Reply With Quote