Thread: Poor Man's DVD
View Single Post
Old 25th March 2004, 21:46   #11  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

@ 3. This statement regards the preview window of AutoFitCD in D2S. You wrote "Move the height arrow to have it match your source?s height cropped." So
I thought I was to increase the height value in the 'Resize' line to the height value displayed in the 'Crop' line. But whe I do that in the AutoFitCd window the image is enlarged in both directions so that it is horizontally cropped, which is not what I want. However, reading your answer to my question 2, it seems that I simply misunderstood you. Perhaps you could edit the respective sentence, and make it dummy compatible

@ 4. When one selects SVCD as out in AutoFitCd the preview image appears vertically streched, which is normal for SVCD material. However when one selects XCD as output format the preview is no longer vertically distorted. Is this because XCD is a modified version of a VCD or ...?

Thank you very much for your patience

[Edit] I finally managed to do some thinking ( yeah, as if ) Now I understand that the regular TV (or the player?) always resizes to a 4:3 aspect ratio. Consequentially, an image that already has a 4:3 aspect ratio will not be squashed as a frame with an aspect ratio of 15:18 (SVCD) would be. I think I will change my nick to Pooh.[/Edit]

Last edited by kilg0r3; 25th March 2004 at 21:53.
kilg0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote