View Single Post
Old 19th December 2003, 22:09   #44  |  Link
IvIark

Quote:
@IvIark, you mention dvdrhelp and not being looked down upon, do you want me to link to some looking down posts?. It's a great forum and I often post there but sometimes people can be annoying when they start newbie bashing
No not really. I could point you towards a few posts on Doom9 where some of the members who in this thread seem to look down on "what's best" questions about one-click backup solutions, seem quite happy to answer questions on whether CCE is better than TMPGEnc, or whether AVISynth is better than VirtualDub, or one capture card is better than another, or even if a DVD Stripper/Menu Edit combo is better than everything else on the whole planet for removing titles. All these things are also completely open to interpretation and yet somehow more acceptable.

The point is that although I'm sure there are posts you can point me towards, it's pretty irrelevant. Yes you'll find posts saying "have you used the search funtion", but there is no general rule banning the questions and so people who have used the search funtion but still feel they need help don't have to put up with muscle-flexing because they'll be people who are willing to help.

Mark