View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 15:54   #2656  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlolo View Post
@madshi: It seems that the final conclussion is to set peak white at 240-245 so you can have the best of both worlds.
I'm not so convinced about that yet. It seems that for Blu-Ray there is little reason for using any more than 235, but for broadcasts the situation appears to be different. I think for a HTPC probably DVD/Blu-Ray playback is more important than broadcast playback, so I think the default "PC levels" logic of capping WTW at 235 is not such a bad choice.

Quote:
But as I told you some days ago, actually that's not possible with madVR
And as I told you days ago, there will be contrast/brightness controls sooner or later.

Quote:
I think it would be interesting if you could add a new "Levels" option (or modify the "PC Levels" one) to achieve that. It would be great if it could allow us to set the level for top peak white, so we could get the best of our displays without losing any picture information.
Maybe I'll do that, I'm not sure yet. But this definitely will not come before I redesign the settings dialog (which is on my to do list, but not for the next 1-2 versions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
Are you certin of this? I could never get 10bit RGB with MPC-HC and EV in exclusive mode. DX9 always gave error disply format not supported (or something on those lines) even though I had a 10bit capable display and gfx card. This is how I first heard 10bit was only possible under DX10 with nvidia drivers.
Well, I was talking strictly about what DirectX itself supports. It's possible that NVidia drivers have an "artificial" limitations to not support 10bit mode in DX9.

At this point in time I do not plan to add a DX10 rendering mode, because I don't see any real benefits over DX9 for my needs. But that's just my current point of view, which can potentially change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomatrix View Post
One question, maybe in future release use EDID(Extended display identification data) from tv and monitor in 3dlut ?
For which exact purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Madshi. With 0.12 I still get the macrovision errors with DvDs stored on hdd. Is this fixable do you think?
I have not given up hope yet. My main problem is to reproduce it. It doesn't occur on my XP machine. And my win7 x64 machine doesn't have a DVD drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps View Post
So I guess theoretically a card should be fast enough as long the rendering time is a bit below the average frame time, or is some extra "time reserve" necessary?
For the special (not-yet implemented) Aero and fullscreen exclusive mode rendering paths, it's probably good enough if the rendering times are a "little bit" under the average frame time. For non-Aero windowed mode I'd recommend to stay more than just a "little bit" under the average frame time, or else smooth playback may not always work reliably. Can't give you any hard numbers, though...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote