View Single Post
Old 9th January 2015, 09:00   #14  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacattack View Post
hello_hello: The encoding speed jumps up to about 7.5-8FPS just using QTGMC. Which is slow, but a heck of a lot better than the current 0.81FPS I'm getting. Speed decreases by a good amount if I stack anything after in the script, no matter what it is.
For funzies, I thought I'd try to get encoding speed down to under 1fps. I just picked a random vob file to work with (PAL) and started with just QTGMC in the script (same settings as you). Encoding speed settled down to around 4.5fps, but this is an old Q9450 CPU which would probably be at best, half the speed of your CPU. Then I tried adding extra stuff. This script reduced encoding speed to 1.17fps (default x264 encoder settings).

Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\VTS_04_3.d2v")

QTGMC(Preset="Slower",FPSDivisor=2,Sharpness=0.2,SubPel=4,truemotion=true,chromamotion=true,globalmotion=true,ProgSADMask=18.0)
GradFun2DBmod()
FFT3DFilter()
LSFmod()
GradFun2DBmod()
LSFmod()
dfttest()
LimitedSharpenFaster()
nnedi3_rpow2(rfactor=2)
Spline64Resize(1440,1080)
No exactly a scientific comparison, I know, as I just added random filters (I don't have all the filters you're using), but I did stack a little more than "anything" after QTGMC and I'm still not down to your speed, my CPU is slower, I'm running XP and Avisynth is single threaded. CPU usage is around 60%.
After making a copy of the script and running the two together, the second is doing 0.78fps, so I'm totalling about 2fps with CPU usage roughly 90%. According to Task Manager, each x264 process is using about 1.3GB of RAM.
Could multi-threading be slowing things down somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacattack View Post
Asmodian: I'm using 32-bit Avisynth on my 64-bit system, but MeGUI defaults to using the 32-bit version of avs4x264mod. That may be part of the issue. Is there any way to make MeGUI default to 64-bit x264 encoding in this case?
What's the commandline MeGUI is using?
I think there's only a 32 bit version of avs4x264mod, which then sends the video to the 64 bit encoder.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote