View Single Post
Old 19th April 2004, 15:01   #400  |  Link
kempfand

Quote:
If possible could you please PM me your bidule with the corrected X-talk while the server is down
The hosting with EoH now contains the corrected bidule and pictures: http://www.app.demon.nl/20040330_-_XTC_01.rar. But it will only work well for +/- 10 deg speaker setup.

On howto create the B-Format:
Quote:
I am especially interested in the use of impulse responses in your method.
I often use the ones outlined on Angelo Farina's public server. The link is in his guide: Conversion between UHJ and B-format, and it uses the SIR convolver.

State of the art these days is the Voxengo's Pristine Space 1.1, which can convolve simultaneous 8 indepdendent filters, and even has a "zero latency mode". There is a nice outline for AudioMulch, also on Farina's public server: Voxengo-Bformat.

Quote:
I want to apologize in advance but I'd like a little more hand-holding until I can get better familiarized with ambisonics/ambiphonics.
No problem, but I suggest you start with EoH's excellent guide on the 1st page of this threat. Having done so will help you to understand the basics (i.e. what is done why), and you will later be able to compare (by listening) where more advanced methods differ.

If you really have time (now or later), I highly recommend tha CATT-F (FIReVerb) package. For pure Ambisonics, it currently delivers the best results (at the expense of slower speed, and no real-time processing as with Bidule). You can get a fully-working test-license, which is valid for 1 months (I believe). The package also contains an excellent Help-file and even a small Ambisonics tutorial (of which I learnt alot). Link: CATT-F / FIReVerb

Good luck & in a hurry,
Andreas