View Single Post
Old 1st April 2011, 00:10   #560  |  Link
-Vit-

yup: Thanks for that detail, that might partly explain sadie's problem. I'll investigate to see if there is anything I can do in the YUY2/avisynth 2.6 domain. The SSE2Tools info is useful, I didn't experience any issues but I haven't tested much YUY2. It makes sense since RemoveGrainSSE3 had problems around that time too.

kolak: Yes, you should try every Avisynth version. For HD input, if can be a good idea to start at 4 threads, 1 EdiThread and work up. Try my modded MaskTools above, see if it helps. I have a whole set of those modded plugins if people are finding them useful.

hydra3333: Just meaning to say that QTGMC doesn't create the jaggies in your original script, the subsequent statements do. If you started with a sharp progressive source instead of QTGMC you would get the same effect. Didee's script can work with any bobber but it doesn't work out of the box, this is the intent
[EDIT: This isn't correct - see later posts for correct script]:
Code:
xdest = 720
ydest = 576 # or 480
Spline36resize(xdest,last.height)
Bob(height=ydest/2).AssumeFieldBased().Weave()
and with QTGMC:
Code:
xdest = 720
ydest = 576 # or 480
Spline36resize(xdest,last.height)
QTGMC(...settings...).Spline36Resize(xdest,ydest/2).AssumeFieldBased().Weave()
Little difference if ydest is much smaller than the original height, and almost the same as any other working variant.

Last edited by -Vit-; 1st April 2011 at 02:42.