View Single Post
Old 26th January 2009, 11:25   #8019  |  Link
jwdaigle

I am having troubles getting the arcsoft decoders to work with eac3to. When I run eac3to -test, I get "ArcSoft DTS Decoder doesn't seem to be installed". Im running 3.04 of eac3to, and just purchased TMT (the download gave me .126). The codecs do work with Graphstudio (using render media file), so that proves they are registered.

So how does eac3to decide if TMT is installed? Does it have anything to do with these 2 lines from a Process Monitor output (the referenced file does not exist in my fresh .126 retail installation):

5:20:13.4001806 PM eac3to.exe 5220 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Bin\RPAWINET.DLL FAST IO DISALLOWED
5:20:13.4003641 PM eac3to.exe 5220 CreateFile C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Bin\RPAWINET.DLL NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

Is the existence of RPAWINET.DLL in the arcsoft bin directory the test to see if it is installed?

I have already tried adding Program files\common files\arcsoft\bin to the path before running eac3to -test. I have also tried copying the 4 mag*.dll files into the eac3to folder from arcsoft. As I mentioned earlier, the codecs are registered (I had to manually register them using regsvr32). I didnt register all of them (only the ones that seemed to be needed for video and audio playback), but will try that later.

Any help greatly appreciated.