View Single Post
Old 10th June 2017, 23:46   #44068  |  Link
AbbeKoenig

Unstable display rate?

This is my setup:

Asus GL702VM (nVidia GTX1060, 75Hz G-Sync), latest stable builds of MPC-HC, madVR, LAV filters and assFilterMod, all 64bit where available.

I am having a slightly funny problem of unstable display rate. I'm talking about the "display" line when one presses Control-J while playing a file.

The composition rate stays at 75.00-something Hz while the display rate fluctuates around 74.8-something Hz, but never hits 75 Hz. After a rather significant amount of time - mostly after about an hour into a movie because I don't notice this when playing 24-minute anime episodes - the display rate sharply drops to 40.00-something Hz, then slowly climbs back up to 66.3-something Hz. This all happens without any visible effects or any increase in the dropped frames/display glitches counters. Interestingly the clock deviation statistic does not seem to change along with the display rate change. I am not using ReClock.

This does not seem to happen in windowed mode, however both fullscreen exclusive and non-exclusive is plagued with this problem. In windowed mode, display rate is at a steady 75.00-something Hz and never dips below 75 Hz.

Even though there don't seem to be any visual effects related to this, I'm still rather bothered by this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
AbbeKoenig is offline   Reply With Quote