View Single Post
Old 17th October 2018, 11:23   #53324  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
blackbar detection still runs even on a movie that doesn't need it so your comparison is not fair.

and don't you think it's odd that 70% GPU load is 21 ms and 50-55 %is 18 ms.

with DXVA native even measure peak brightness is disabled which is a couple of MS if it it used.

because i can't look into your system you have to make sure all use the same settings and no setting is used that the other mode can't do.
I wasn't trying to do a fair comparison, only to show what results I get with my current settings if I simply change the mode.

I didn't use a 16/9 movie because I thought black bars detection wouldn't be active, I used it because it has more pixels to handle than a 2.40 title, hence worst case scenario re render times (as I said).

I'm only posting results for the settings I was currently using. I'll adapt settings depending on whether I decide to use native or copyback.

Measure peak brightness isn't disabled when running DXVA2 native, not sure where that comes from.

You are correct though that if I was to disable the CPU features used in CB that cannot be used in native, the render times would go down in CB. I guess I'll have to test that.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K

Last edited by Manni; 17th October 2018 at 11:29.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote