View Single Post
Old 8th July 2005, 21:13   #25  |  Link
spyhawk

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
I wonder what you will do if both the original DVDs does have a Title menu callable with the remote. Which one will you keep? Or will you jump to the DVD selection menu when the title button is pressed? And add two additional menu buttons to jump to the title menu of each DVD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacoz
Yes intent is to add an additional menu to select which DVD, with Title button going back to this...Downside is that you end up back at this DVD selection menu when you probably really only want to go back to the title of the previously selected menu.
If both DVDs have a Title menu, when merged you can have only one Title menu, which will be the DVD selection menu, aka merged menu. If you really want to access the Title menu of each original dvd, there is a way, but accessing it won't be exactly the same as the original b/c you need to also access the merged menu as well esp. if you want to go to another DVD. This method only takes 1 or 2 commands in 4 places. Alternative method is just create 2 additional menu buttons to jump directly to the title menu of each DVD, like r0lZ has mentioned.

Based on DRMP's merge procedure, my method works like this. Starting at the merged menu, you select DVD1, at any time in DVD1 you press Title menu the first time, you'll go to the Title menu of DVD1, if you press the second time, you'll go to the merged menu. And the cycle repeats. The same logic goes for DVD2. Of course, this logic works on as many DVDs you want to merge.

With this method tested, I notice when I press Title menu, depending on the conditions, it will either go to the very beginning as if the original DVD is first inserted (like going thru warnings, logos, commercials, etc) or just to the main menu, etc. So to me, it's just like pressing Root menu. If you like this method, I will elaborate the steps. Most of the work is done with the merging -- adding/deleting pgc, adjusting navigation, and dealing with content (if any) in VMGM, since your focus is to make use of freeware.

btw, instead of importing the merge menu in VMGM, you can import as a new VTS which is already created by the authoring tool. Adjust navigation accordingly.
spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote