Thread: PgcEdit v0.2.
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2004, 18:25   #9  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally posted by crusher
"Error sourcing /Tcl/work/PGCEDIT/PgcEdit.tcl: can not find channel named "unable to open key: The system cannot find the file specified."
This error comes from a bad key in your registry. PgcEdit checks if a file association exists for the .IFO and .BUP files when it starts. If one of thoses keys are corrupt, the DLL routine I use to do the checking will crash.

Rookie solution:
Associate .IFO and .BUP files manually: right-click on a .IFO file and select "open with", then locate PgcEdit (or IfoEdit) and do the association.
Do the same thing with .BUP files.

If it doesn't work, there is the expert solution:
Open RedEdit (select the Windows Start/Run menu and type RegEdit), then expand HKEY_CLASS_ROOT.
Click on the folder named ".ifo", and take a look at what is displayed in the right pane. If the value is not set, you will see "(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)", and you have probably located the problem.
Right-click on the same .ifo icon, and select Delete.
Do the same for the .bup folder (if it exists).

I am a little bit surprised that you still have this error with PgcEdit v0.2, because I have tried to fix it. But the offending DLL is not writed by me, so the bugfix is only a workaround. It is working for me, but apparently still not working in all cases!

Does one of the above solution works for you?
What was the value of the .ifo and .bup keys?
What OS are you using?
Please take me informed.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote