View Single Post
Old 28th November 2018, 15:01   #53756  |  Link
curael

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
@curael

I also think due to the fact you are using new card and new drivers you may struggle to get a frame rate match as good as your previous card, and that is why many of us are on older drivers for just the older cards, something you will not be able to do I guess as there will new issues for you due to this.
Yeah, I found a few comments on here that sounded like they were about my issue but I wasn't sure if I actually found everything.

I'm wondering the same as you, it could be early drivers.. But it could also just be that the RTX cards are a bit too aggressive when it comes to lower video clocks. Who knows..

Would "Smooth motion" fix anything if I set the display to only run 60Hz? I tried to look up what Smooth Motion actually did and found out it's an "image blending" technology, I think someone called it over at JRiver (which was what my Google-fu led me to.) How ever, I'm not sure it will do anything as it seems like Smooth Motion looks like it's designed for very specific frame rates and not a huge fix for juddering.

Anyway, I appreciate your answer and I think it confirms my belief that for now, I'm boned.

Thanks again,
/CuraeL
curael is offline   Reply With Quote