View Single Post
Old 29th March 2019, 17:51   #55581  |  Link
onekmilesbehind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
I'm pretty sure there is no stuttering in any driver versions with vsync forced ON.
On the RTX line at least, Vsync "On" does not seem to have an effect in MadVR in the latest driver release.

I run a 2070 and, like others, found the cure to the stutter issue via forcing Vsync to "On"; when I updated to 419.67, the issue appeared again. Seeing Vsync was still on in the NCP, I assumed the issue lay elsewhere. After hours of troubleshooting, I went back down to 418.81 and that fixed it.

FWIW I do clean installs with every driver release and just flip the settings back the way they were. Vsync is always set back to "On".

I'm curious if it works in 419.17. If it does, then it appears the 419.67 release botched Vsync. If it doesn't, the fact that it goes from working-->broken-->working-->broken...doesn't indicate this is something NVIDIA cares too much about. Man I wish they had a dedicated testing group for HTPCs. Something like a Theater Ready Driver with a much larger release window (2-3 releases a year). They clearly don't hone the releases around the needs of the HTPC market. I'm sure it's a smaller segment of the userbase, but jeez, these releases are just sloppy and reflect poorly on them.
onekmilesbehind is offline   Reply With Quote