View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 20:22   #8  |  Link
FoxDisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKzenT View Post
it uses 2d since I don't know how you could present that in 3d in an understandable way.
I've been trying to wrap my mind around the full tree, with all processing keys, device keys, devices and MKBs with all the S-D sets, and I keep coming up with the 3-D layered tree picture.

I presume you've read the AACS specs and they use a layered 3-D picture to ilustrate S-D sets.

I had in mind a 3-D configuration that could be collapsed to 2-D to show revoked and allowed devices for specific MKBs, as you do now. In the 3-D mode you would be able to scroll vertically in sections to see any specific layer/parking garage floor. That would let you see multiple MKBs at the same time. You could eliminate all floors that have no S-D sets on them, which would make visibility better and you could collapse multiple floors (like the full 2-D collapse that you are showing now,) but limited to defined ranges of floors. To distinguish MKBs, you'd use color coding. The nodes at the bottom would be labeled with the manufacturer and software version of the player.

Perhaps something like the eDrawings 3-D viewer from SolidWorks that lets you check out 3-D models could be used.

I know - way too much effort for a simple visualization tool.
FoxDisc is offline   Reply With Quote