View Single Post
Old 13th December 2012, 14:30   #11  |  Link
Joniii

How does the rewind/forward work on MPC-HC? Does it just go trough the stream at faster speed? Someone said it is now as fast as it can be. Currently on DVD's it kind of works and on Blu-rays it won't go faster than 4x.

I had an idea last night, dunno maybe it's stupid idea but anyway. Windows Media Center has the nicest rewind/forward I've seen on software player. It takes only a minute or so to ff a movie from beginning to end at it's fastest speed.

I thought that instead of trying to speed up playrate on MPC-HC, if that's how it does it now, it could do skips at loop. Like 30 sec skips on fastest, show current frame after every skip and stop when it gets a play command. That would give working and consistent ff/rew on all formats.

I then thought that maybe this is how MS does it on WMC and after checking, it's fastest (3rd step) ff/rew looks exactly same as when pressing the skip button continuously, WMC skip is 30 seconds.

Pressing ff once on MPC-HC would speed up the video so it's still watchable with audio, pressing ff second time would start doing skips, maybe 10 seconds or so, pressing it third time would do 20-30 second skips, when pressing play on fastest ff, it would go back a bit to whatever the reaction time is at that speed and start a playback again.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 with Media Center, 2 x DVB-C with cable cards
MPC-HC (madVR, LAV Filters, XySubFilter)
Sony Bravia 85X950H/85XH95
Yamaha RX-V685
Yamaha Piano Black NS-777/555/C444/YST-SW315
Joniii is offline   Reply With Quote