View Single Post
Old 24th September 2012, 18:28   #4  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBasher View Post
The better gamma is down to the larger pixels in the IMI camera (6.45um) and my RGB lighting system which optimises the full well depth of the sensor.
I'm sure that the camera is doing a great job, and having direct control over the sensor makes a huge difference.

However, my comments were based on looking on the differences between the left (before the script changes) and right (after the script changes) images in the video Fred linked to. The left is the capture from your camera, and it looks pretty good, but the right image has much better gamma, with far brighter midtones and a little more brightness in the deep shadows. It is this change, which was done in the script and not in the camera, that I was referring to. I'd love to know what plugin and settings Fred used to achieve these differences.

Now, if you are saying that the image on the right side was taken with a different camera than those on the left side, then I did not understand what Fred was trying to show, and I should probably delete my entire previous post.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote