View Single Post
Old 27th December 2009, 15:00   #16  |  Link
juhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannotto View Post
It is a bad idea to turn off TBC. Tbc errors have a negative effect on noise removal and compression. Even in still areas is much movement because pixels are jumping from one place to another. Noise removal and compression efficiency is increased when the image is time base errors free (steady image). At JVC vcr, TBC and DNR are tied together. So if you turn off DNR you also turn off the TBC. At Panasonic SVHS vcr both functions have dedicated buttons. You can enable only TBC and leave off DNR.
Avisynth power is almost unlimited on noise removal but have no solutions for time base errors.
Not true. You can turn noise reduction off seperately from TBC in most JVC models. Only one that I've owned that doesn't allow this is S7965.This is wrong (read next message).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannotto View Post
1T-TBC has a low bandwidth that will affect the quality from SuperVHS tapes sources. The levels are wrong with this device. TBC-1000 has an appropriate bandwidth and can be used with SVHS tapes.
Again, not true. Levels are not wrong. I just didn't match them with this test. 1T has AGC that will affect the levels - it is different that TBC-1000 but it is not wrong. Also the low bandwith is only seen at Composite->S-Video seperation. It's fine when using S-Video->S-video (I was testing only the comb filter here and in that regard it failed). 1T has it's share of problems but lack of bandwith hasn't been one of them in normal Y/C usage.

Last edited by juhok; 27th December 2009 at 22:04. Reason: Incorrect information
juhok is offline   Reply With Quote