View Single Post
Old 25th December 2009, 16:35   #12  |  Link
juhok

@dannotto
Thanks for the info and link. I've been looking for such a disk for a while now. I guess there's no need to test any of my comb filters when the results are known already. I rarely need composite input so this haven't got my attention before. I've been eyeballing Blackmagic line of capture devices. Need something that'll work with 64bit OS/Win7 and the input options are impressive (eg. Decklink Studio).

I checked my other TBC, 1T-TBC and it has same SAA7114 and SAA7129. Picture attached.

@Chainmax
Internal TBC in JVC/Panasonic line of decks and external TBC like TBC-1000 are for different purposes and often(but not always) I find myself needing both. Internal TBC fixes visible time base error where external TBC will clean the signal to prevent framedrops etc. Sometimes JVC's internal TBC will produce jitter with bad tapes and you have to turn it off. Panasonic is better in this regard (limited experience with Panasonic so far).

Then again, when I capture from Sony EV-S9000 Hi8 deck its internal TBC and framesync are stable enough that I never need external TBC. Same with professional BetacamSP deck (no surprise there).
Attached Images

juhok is offline   Reply With Quote