View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 13:41   #488  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ursamtl
EoH, I don't care if your first language isn't English, the tone of this message is extremely offensive. I have never attacked you personally, I've simply expressed disappointment with the method of 5.1 upmixing that you advocate. Your response is to attack me personally and characterize my comments as "whining and groaning." This is extremely childish.

When you write in almost every post how bad the results are from Ambisonics and seldom add IMHO, yes, this is whining and groaning.
This has nothing to do with a personal attack, but simply with the fact that you are constantly saying how bad Ambisonics is for you in this originally Ambisonics thread. I consider your comments about Ambisonics offensive, because 7 out of 10 have another opinion, so you are insulting 7 out of 10 !

Quote:
I repeat what I said in my earlier post, if Ambisonics is so great, then why are there so many alternatives presented in this thread? Why did you yourself say there's lots of work to do? If Ambisonics is the great method you pretend, then surely your work is done. Why did you say you were working on ways to improve separation? Surely if Ambisonics were so wonderful, then there would be no need to "improve" anything!
Talking about childish behaviour ! Stereo was so damn good, why search for anything better ??
All those remarks like "Ambisonics is so wonderful" in the above and other contexts, are suggestive and I think you meant it that way. So who is offensive here ?

Quote:
Obviously, if my bidule is so bad, then so are the AC3Filter and Matrix Mixer on which it is based. Those seem to be quite popular. As well, my bidule's front generation is a greatly simplified version of the LCR Gerzon method that kempfand posted. His method is actually much better than mine in generating a solid soundstage (and far better than encoding traditional stereo signals with Ambisonics), but I didn't include it in my bidule because I wanted to honestly present it as what I said it was, an interpretation of the MatrixMixer DirectX filter. I repeat what I said in an earlier post: I never said it was the answer, just that I got better results for my listening taste with it than with your method. Someone asked me to post it, so I did. You seem to treat this whole thread as if it were some kind of competition and if someone comes along and criticizes Ambisonics, you pounce on them as if they were attacking you personally.
There is a difference between criticizing and putting down !
I can take good criticism without any problem. Otherwise Kempfand and me wouldn't have added so many extensions to the original bidule. I never criticized others bidules too. But...... when presenting your bidule with the attitude you spread out on Ambisonics, is IMHO not the way to discuss things here.
You can present your bidule without that constant nagging about Ambi !! Thanks !

Quote:
I don't think this is the first time I've seen you berate others in threads on the Doom9 forum. It's extremely unpleasant to read and it certainly adds nothing to the spirit of community present here. Please restrict yourself to a discussion of the methods and stop the name calling and personal attacks.
You said something before about us ridiculizing Kpex methods ?
Now you make another suggestive remark.
Come with the facts !

The only one with his constant nagging about Ambisonics and who seems not to get the spirit of this forum is not me : it's you !
When I reacted to your remark about Kpex, you didn't come back with a "sorry". Not that I am waiting for that, but you set the tone ! Not me, I only react.

You stated clearly that your method gave you a better result. The first one you posted was completely wrong. The second should be fine. Well perhaps for your ears, but till now I have heard 3 negative experiences and not one positive one (except your own of course). When I say something about that you feel attacked ?
I would consider it a remark to stimulize you to come up with something working

Till now I sense more pretentions than inventions !
You put down Ambi, every time, you would come up with something better, but didn't.

On this forum we respect everyone's effort, but not by first putting down on the hard work of others first !

EoH