View Single Post
Old 11th April 2013, 09:57   #1159  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey View Post
1: Seems like eac3to is reporting an incorrect number of frames (very low - usually around 5000 frames, but a seemingly random number). This happens with all 3D blurays. Problem is the same when I try to manually extract the audio, where I only get 5-10 minutes.
Very strange problem. I have never seen that. Usually, the number of frames reported by eac3to is off by 1, but is it almost correct. I can only suggest to try to update eac3to, and verify with the command line or one of its GUIs if it fails again, or if it's a bug in BD3D2MK3D.

Quote:
2: SSIFSource2 fails to encode with x264 properly, when --preset slow is used. It gives a lot of "duplicate frame added"-errors, and the right-eye output stutters a lot.
Again something new for me. I have already noticed once a missing or duplicated frame in one of the views (causing a slight left/right desync), but I have never notices numerous additional frames. Anyway, I doubt --preset slow could be the cause, as x264 should encode what it receives, regardless of the preset.

Quote:
r0lZ: Would be nice if you could choose which method (at least SSIF or DirectShowMVCSource) should be enabled, in the GUI
Menu Settings -> Use ssifsource2 for SBS/T&B

Quote:
Besides any possible failures, are there any reason to choose one method over another in terms of quality?
Normally no. Both should produce correctly decoded frames. The main limitation with ssifsource2 is that it can encode only in SBS or Top/Bottom, but it seems to crash less with MPLS containing many SSIF parts, and it's why BD3D2MK3D offers to use it anyway for SBS or T&B if it's the case.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote