View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 00:28   #1038  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Madshi, this new version, well...

YEA HAR!!

display 95.90368Hz (397s) perfect, time just keeps growing
movie fps 23.976fps (says source filter)
decoder queue 16/16
upload queue 4/8
render queue 8/8
movie res 1920,1080
target rectangle 0,0,1920,1080
v sync interval 10.43ms
movie frame interval 41.71ms
dropped frames 3 Just from startup, stable after that
delayed frames 3 Just from startup, stable after that

Playback is smooth, so far. I need to watch a whole movie to be certain.

I am using Reclock, but disabled (original speed locked, slaved).

The HD2600XT seems capable for watching 1080p material at 1080i 96hz.

Was it the interlaced res that causes the scanline reporting issue? Because an interlaced res has a half scanline at the bottom, or somesuch, to form the offset between fields (it has an early V-sync once per frame).

A small feature request: A tearing/smoothness test. Using Zoomplayer, with Reclock "bypassed", I have no tearing bar test, which is very handy for checking issues.

And that raises the Reclock issue...are you using Reclock? If so, what settings? Active or bypassed? If not, will Reclock bypassed, just a WASAPI renderer, cause any issues? It doesn't seem to.

I'm slightly concerned about the need for Fullscreen Exclusive for "perfect" playback. I understand why (I think), but it's a bit clunky - and there goes the UI on Zoomplayer. Oh well, smooth playback and gamma are my number one priorities.

Once this renderer has subtitles, it will replace Haali Renderer on my system for all material.

The GPU rendering stats in the OSD are missed.

Thank you very much Madshi, honai is right, it "feels" smooth. With Haali Renderer it always "feels" like it is about to throw a little stutter party. Beliyaal EVR custom has this smooth feel too, but I get a glitch after an hour.

I will test a full movie tonight.

Last edited by Mark_A_W; 17th May 2009 at 01:07.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote