View Single Post
Old 27th June 2002, 16:24   #2  |  Link
DSPguru
BeSweet Author

FAQs

1. i believe i found a bug. how do i make a bug-report ?
Read above on how to report bugs. also note :
- BeSweet offeres zillions of features while has less than 15 known bugs. if you believe you found a bug, there's a very high chance that either the bug is with your setup/commandline, or that this bug had already been reported, or maybe even fixed in one of the newest beta releases.
- Creating a new thread for reporting an already known issue will get you striked for Rule 1.
- Submitting a bug-report in a different way than i asked for (example : including only partial logfile), will get your report completely ignored.

2. how do i submit a feature request ?
start with reading the documantation and searching this forum,
in many cases you'll see that the feature is already offered.
in case this feature isn't offerd, you could :
- write a BeSweet plugin that implements your feature by yourself.
- create a new thread in the forum, asking for this feature.

3. i understood your tool answers my needs, but i don't know where to start from.
there are multilingual guides here.
i suggest that you read them all, 'cause, in a way, they complement each other and supply good understandment of BeSweet.
Currently, guides are avialble in : Englsh, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Russian & Slovak.

An additional AC3 to MP3 guide in Croatian courtesy of Neotronic is available here.

3B. Where can I find a good tutorial on using besweet from the commandline?

Check out the very thorough BeSweet Commandline Reference by Brother John. Translations are in progress or completed in several languages.

4. can you list BeSweet's features ?
Encoding & Decoding of multiple audio formats, Normalization, 7 Dynamic-Range Compression algorithms, 3 Gain assertions methods (PreGain, PostGain & Hybridgain), Sample-Rate-Conversion, Frame-Rate-Conversion, Equalization, (Frames-wise & Sample-wise) Delay Assertion, Silence Insertion, Extraction of audio streams from VOBs&AVI, Joining multiple streams, Cutting streams, Partial encoding of streams, ID3 Tagging.

5. oh no, OggMachine crashed !
make sure you have the latest release of msvbvm60.dll.
note - if you're having problems with BeSweetGUI, you'd need to download msvbvm50.dll .

6. why should i use OggMachine while i can use BeSweetGUI ?
it's just a matter of personal taste.
OggMachine is a simplified front-end for BeSweet, dedicated only for OGGs.
On the other hand, BeSweeGUI has a batch-mode for processing multiple files.

7. What are the input formats supported by BeSweet ?
AC3,LPCM,WAV,MP3,MP2,MPA,Ogg Vorbis.
also VOB & AVI containing the above audio formats are also supported.
LST & MUX files for multifiles processing.

7b. isnt DTS supported ?
no. BeSweet cannot decode dts streams.
for dts, you might wanna try the tool azidts.

8. What are the output formats offered by BeSweet ?
Mpeg - MP3,MP2,MPA.
AC3 - 2.0AC3, 5.1AC3, DolbyDigital WAV.
Ogg - Stereo, 6Ch vorbis.
AIFF - 5.1AIFF, 5.0AIFF.
WAVE - 16bit Stereo WAV. 16bit Multichannel 5.1 WAV. 16/32bit 6 Mono WAVs.

8b. What about AAC/MP4/DTS encoding ?
BeSweet can use external encoders like Nero's AAC/MP4 encoder and Surcode's CD/DVD DTS encoders. but those tools are not freewares, so this is only useful for users who owns those commercial tools.

9. is it possible to add a wav header to the MP3 created by BeSweet ?
yes, you can either select "Wave-MP3" as your output type on BeSweetGUI, or add "-wavmp3" to your -core( ) section.

10. is it possible to encode & merge several files into one directly with BeSweet ?
yes, using list files.
BeSweet supports two types of listfiles. you can find examples here.

11. is there any way to avoid creating the list file by myself ?
sure :
a. BeSweetGUI has batch mode where it automaticly generates those listfiles.
b. you could use the listfile generated by SmartRipper.

12. i used a listfile together with Azid's maxgain, but it only looked for the maximal gain of the first file .
if you want BeSweet to find the Overall maxgain, you should use OTA's maxgain.

13. how do i use BeSweet's Super Equalizer feature ?
read discussion in here.

14. i'm using WBIAS together with Winamp, trying to cut AC3, but having problems with the timestamps.
the weird thing is that when using WBIAS&WinAmp for cutting MP3 everything works fine .

make sure that you're using using Valex AC3 winamp plugin.
you can also try using Liquid's winamp plugin. although, there are few reports that this plugin is buggy.

15. so is there a better way to cut my AC3 ?
- just generate BeSplit's commandline manually.
- you could also use Chapter-X-Tractor to cut a long AC3 by chapters, according to timestamps imported from IFO files.

16. what are the input formats supported by BeSplit ?
WAV,PCM,AC3,AAC,MP3,MP2,MPA,DTS,DolbyDigital-WAV,DTS-WAV.

17. i've encoded a mono track with BeSweet, and got a double-speed encoded file, how can i avoid this problem ?
download the Mono2Stereo plugin, extract BS_M2S.dll to the BeSweet folder and add "-plugin( -name BS_M2S.dll -func Simple )" to the BeSweet commandline.
keep in mind that the '-func' switch is case sensitive!
* note : starting BeSweet v1.5, mono streams input is natively supported!

18. I've been using BeSure to transcode DVD into Dolby-Digital CDs and now want to try transcoding into DTS CDs, how do i do that ?
BeSure supports it, but you first need to purchase SurCode CD PRO DTS from here.

19. i'm confused! where can i find some example commandlines for BeSplit ?
check 'examples.txt' inside the BeSplit package.
an online version can be found here.

20. the BeSweet guide says that you should set an audio delay, But later in Nandub/GKnot, you should enter the delay value from your AC3/MP3 file in the delay audio track by XY ms field
you should compensate for the delay only once. either with BeSweet or with Nandub. one should be the A/V delay, and the other equals to zero.

21. what's the difference between libvorbis.dll, vorbis.dll, etc' ? what should i use with BeSweet ?
usually, BeSweet is using ogg.dll,vorbis.dll,vorbisenc.dll (also known as 'Vorbis SDK DLLs').
OggDS uses the same dlls, and therefore they aren't included in the BeSweet package.
there's another library called libVorbis.dll that merged ogg.dll,vorbis.dll,vorbisenc.dll,vorbisfile.dll into one unified file.
if BeSweet finds libVorbis.dll in the BeSweet folder, it will use it instead of the SDK dlls.

22. so why should i want to use libVorbis.dll ?
the Vorbis SDK DLLs are a binary compile of vorbis v1.0, while libVorbis.dll is a most updated snapshot of vorbis development. so if you feel like experimenting and supplying feedbacks to the developers - this library is for you !

23. is it possible to add a wav header to the AAC/MP3/AC3 processed by BeSplit ?
yes, using the -core( -addriff ) switch.

24. BeSplit. How am I supposed to deal with a delay of say -500msec ?
BeSplit -core( -input original.ac3 -prefix e:\track -type ac3 -ending ) -split( 0.500 )

track01.ac3 will be the original track without its start.

25. transcoding ac3 to mp2, how do i normalize the track to only 95% of maxgain ?
use the following switch : -azid( -g 0.95 )

25b. and how do i normalize to maxgain-3db ?
use the following switch : -azid( -g -3db )

26. oops, BeSweet reported "CRC Error"..
CRC Errors means that some parts of the AC3 stream are corrupted. that happens..
in case you only got few CRC errors in a ~90mins movie, that's pretty much indistinguished.
in case you got plenty of CRC erros, you might wanna rip again the AC3 stream.
you could also use BeSweet's VOB->MP3 direct mode.

27. out of all existing sampling-rate-convertors source-codes around, why did pick SSRC for BeSweet ?
here's a comparision that proves that SSRC is simply the best :
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/fa/efu/fsconv/fsconv_2.html

28. i don't like to have ID3 tags at the end of my encoded files. how do i prevent BeSweet from storing them ?
add -noid3 to your core switches.

29. i want to write a tool that uses BeSweet.dll and i need help with programming, should i PM you ?
i cannot offer personal support, and there are more people who would be interested in reading my replies. please post your programming thoughts in here.

30. is it true that BeSweet cannot read/write wave files over the size of 2GB ?
BeSweet CAN read a (mono/stereo/multichannel) 32bit floating-point wave larger than 2GB.
starting v1.5b27, BeSweet can also read those kind of files, larger than 4GB.
on all other cases (like encoding 5.1wave..), the limitation still exists.

31. i have six mono waves and would like to encode it to a multichannel ac3/ogg. can BeSweet do that ?
yes. you need to create a ".mux" file, i.e., a textfile with the name of the mono waves :
Quote:
g:\channelFL.wav
g:\channelC.wav
g:\channelFR.wav
g:\channelSL.wav
g:\channelSR.wav
g:\channelLFE.wav
then feed it to BeSweet : -core( -input channels.mux ... )

31b. and what's the advised channel ordering for producing 6chwav/6chaiff ?
it's :
Quote:
g:\channelFL.wav
g:\channelFR.wav
g:\channelC.wav
g:\channelLFE.wav
g:\channelSL.wav
g:\channelSR.wav
32. the ".mux" filetype feature is very cool, but i want to encode dts with surcode's tools rather than BeSweet. how about integration ?
you can use BeSweet to encode anything, including ".mux", to dts, assuming you have Surcode's CD or Surcode's DVD encoders.
the following are two commandline samples :

6 mono waves->dts :
BeSweet.exe -core( -input e:\audio\channels.mux -output c:\win98\temp\mono -logfile c:\dts.txt ) -surdvd( -b 768 -output e:\audio\audio.dts -path "C:\Program Files\Surcode dvd pro dts" )

ac3->dtswav :
BeSweet.exe -core( -input e:\audio\guitarsolo.ac3 -output c:\win98\temp\mono -logfile c:\dtswav.txt ) -surcd( -output e:\audio\audio.wav -path "C:\Program Files\Music\SurCode CD Pro DTS" )

1. the red paramater sets the prefix for the temporary 6 waves filenames.
2. the blue parameter sets the outputfile actual filename.
3. the green parameter sets the path of surcodedts.exe.

32b. Sometimes BeSweet doesn't notice that Surcode had finished encoding and doesn't close it. what should i do ?
the best thing to do in this situation is to manually close the Surcode window. BeSweet will notice that it had been closed and continue working on the next file.

33. How to encode properly in AAC with the Nero Digital Encoder Engine ?
First, you need bsn.dll from the last BeSweet beta package. Then, this library uses aacenc32.dll, aac.dll and NeroIPP.dll from Nero Bundle. So, grab & copy them from Common Files/Ahead/AudioPlugins folder. In addition, if you have Nero 7 you can use also bse_Nero7WA.dll from Dimzon plugins.

34. I've got an error message [Error 83: error configuring bsn] when I transcode my file in AAC with the Nero Digital Encoder. What's going on ?
First, be sure to have bsn.dll in BeSweet folder. Second, with Nero 7 you could have this issue because Nero dlls fail to load mfc71.dll. You can find it in Common Files/Ahead/Lib folder. Copy this library in BeSweet folder or directly in Windows/System32 directory.

35. I've got an error message [Error 84: error configuring bsn] when I transcode my file in AAC. What's going on ?
First, be sure to have bsn.dll in BeSweet folder. Second, check if you have NeroIPP.dll. You can find it in Common Files/Ahead/Lib folder. Copy this library in BeSweet folder or directly in Windows/System32 directory.

36. I've seen that you mention Dimzon plugins. What is it exactly ?
Dimzon has created some additional plugins to have the possibility to transcode our files with FAAC, WinAmp AAC+, 3GPP Ref and Speex encoders. To enable this in BeSweet, you must have the last BeSweet beta and add -dimzon(...) switch in your command line. More infos here.

Last edited by KpeX; 28th April 2006 at 20:43.
DSPguru is offline   Reply With Quote