View Single Post
Old 13th April 2009, 04:16   #211  |  Link
Mutiny32
stuff and things

Great renderer, it will be even better when you can make it output 0-255 and output smoother video. But those are pretty trivial, as other things can handle that sort of thing. You say that you can't output to YCbCr444 with our video cards, or at least easily. Actually, I'm running Win 7 with the WDDM 1.1 driver and the default control panel has a specific page that has a simple dropdown box to switch between RGB and YCbCr444 output over HDMI. My TV has all kinds of controls to handle and enhance colors and black levels to the room lighting (Philips 42pfl7422d/37), so it doesn't matter much.

I do have one request though, can you compile this for 64-bit windows? I'm going to be installing a newer build soon and Microsoft is really pushing the 64-bit thing, especially after Apple started with the whole Snow Leopard 64-bit schtick. It's seeming more and more that 64-bit will be the norm and I'm not sure of its capabilities in handling 32-bit programs; it's not like I can just do an 'apt-get install ia32-libs' or anything, that would make too much sense.

Keep up the great work!
Mutiny32 is offline   Reply With Quote