View Single Post
Old 18th July 2017, 07:16   #44372  |  Link
oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I think this is a driver bug. The difference between EVR and madVR that would cause only madVR to show the bug is that EVR never needs the data back from DXVA2, madVR on the other hand needs the data back.

There is a driver bug that causes wrong colors when getting 10-bit data back from DXVA2 decoding/scaling.

madVR is very good at HDR -> SDR and it provides multiple ways to accomplish it. I certainly approve of the quality of madVR's HDR -> SDR and I don't need to fiddle with the settings to get good results. Just don't use DXVA for anything.
I thought it was just me. I've been battling with this for a while now. If I enabled 10 bit output in AMD settings and 10 bit in MadVR everything is oversaturated. I also get black clipping. The only fix is to either set AMD settings to 8 bit or change MadVR settings so there is a combination of DCI-P3 (not not sure of color accuracy then) at BT709 2.20 and gamma processing at 2.20 also BT709. This is only in fullscreen exclusive mode since with FSE off it defaults to 8bit output anyhow.

I am hoping a fix is on the way?
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote