View Single Post
Old 28th July 2015, 19:42   #463  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Damn! Bad news for you. That confirms that we are both right. It is true that the DLP projectors require 60fps, and that 60fps is not compatible with usual 3D formats. (Of course, things are different for games, that can use any frame rate supported by the graphic card).

IMO, the conversion box do something like telecine in real time, with some specialized hardware. That might be a good solution, because normally any 3D movie will be playable easily, including the 3 formats that can be generated with BD3D2MK3D, and the BD 3D players. The quality may be good, or bad. I don't know. As I have explained above, it is possible to convert the 23.976*2 fps of the BD format to 59.94 fps. It's just a new filter to add in the AVS script generated by BD3D2MK3D. If your hardware can play exactly 59.94 fps (not 60!), then you will not need to convert the audio, subtitles and chapters, because the duration of the movie will not be modified. You may want to try that method before buying a DLP 3D Converter. If you want to check it, I can explain how to do it, but now I have to go. I'll do it tomorrow if you wish.