View Single Post
Old 11th March 2002, 22:53   #10  |  Link
Yusaku

Re: ^_^ Yeah thx for the Big Answer

Quote:
Originally posted by AllTimeSToneD

Yeah thats the problem. I guess no Fansubbing Group will release a Anime w/o to render the subs in the Video. bc SSA's Scripts r holy Files for the Subbing Groups.
Yeah, everyone is always saying how fansubbers do the subs only to serve the public... but when asked for actual subs to make translation to another language... they're quiet (thanks to everyone making an exception from this rule ^_^).

Anyway, that's a bit off-topic here.

<edit>
Also, speaking of SSA releasing... Another problem is, that when you convert SSA to SRT, you can still reconstruct original script quite easily... You will just miss names, which is not SO big deal. Even if the pictures would be rendered, you can use semi-OCR approach to get the text back...

For this reason (combined with fansub group greedness), I don't thing we will see any selectable subtitles in fansubs ever

BTW: All the fansubs I had made (ok, just two...) are external SSAs for use with DVobSub - I don't honestly see any reason why not to release them...
</edit>
Quote:
Originally posted by AllTimeSToneD

I will do some Tests with MeastroSBT, but what is "grep" cant find this Tool; is it a tool
LOL. Ok, if you don't know, don't even look. It is a command-line regular-expression evaluator from unices.

Last edited by Yusaku; 11th March 2002 at 23:04.
Yusaku is offline   Reply With Quote