View Single Post
Old 19th March 2012, 18:41   #10007  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SphereX View Post
Hi there!

I use ffdshow for displaying SRT subtitles and both for progressive and interlaced video the MPC-HC playback is fine. Unfortunately ffdshows VobSub implementation is still buggy (and may always be?) and at least for me not useable ("disappearing subs problem"). So I have to use DirectVobSub in this case. For progressive video there are no problems, but interlaced video is suddenly played back as if it wasn't deinterlaced correctly. Kind of a motion blur or film effect as with blend-deinterlacing.

So to sum things up:

> LAV Video Decoder (NVidia Cuvid) --> ffdshow (SRT subtitles) --> VMR7: perfect playback (motion flow)
> LAV Video Decoder (NVidia Cuvid) --> ffdshow (VobSub subtitles) --> VMR7: perfect playback, but disappearing subs
> LAV Video Decoder (NVidia Cuvid) --> vsfilter (VobSub subtitles) --> VMR7: proper subtitling, but with motion blurred video

In both scenarios the same interlaced video file was used, only the subtitle format was different. My workaround until now is to do a VobSub --> SRT conversion, so i can completely abandon vsfilter. But that's of course not a perfect solution and very time consuming, too. So what's wrong here?

Greetz,
The SphereX
Why don't you simply use MPC-HC's internal subtitle filter?
Also, did you try xy-VSFilter?
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote