View Single Post
Old 6th April 2018, 12:04   #50094  |  Link
Polopretress

Yes, i thought it was the case and not possible to run a mixed configuration but it seems to be possible (it works) to run player 64 bits with lav32 bits.
As madVR is 32/64 bits, i wonder which is the mode (32 or 64 bits) selected by madVR in this case.

I made this stupid test to use a 64bits player on a 32 bits htpc because i have noticed that for some HEVC 10 bits movies, the CPU decoder was more speedy and did not reproduce some drops with a "queue decoder" at 1 in the CTRL J.
With full 32 bits htpc , on some video 4k hevc 10 bits, even if the CPU is still at 40%, "queue decoder" at 1 can be observed while it is not the case when i replace the player only by 64 bits version (this is true with potplayer an dmpc-be)

I try to find an explanation of the root cause.(why drop with "queu decoder" at 1 while the CPU is still at 40%)
An then secondary, in such mixed configuration , what is the selection of madVR?

It is reproducible with I7 4770 / 4790 / Ryzen 5 and hardware decoder set to "none" in lav video with the following movie for example :
http://4kmedia.org/lg-new-york-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/

Last edited by Polopretress; 6th April 2018 at 12:16.
Polopretress is offline   Reply With Quote