View Single Post
Old 21st July 2005, 15:42   #10  |  Link
johnman

UPDATE v0.43b

It has been a while since the last release, but now there is a new version. This one can convert to 9 different formats. The only limitations are the limitations of each format itself. So it is i.e. possible to create a 100 channel ogg if you want. Because of the way wavewizard works, it can now also convert i.e. 10 stereo files to 10 dts quadraphonic files using surcode without the need for making 6-channel wavs first. And this can be done without editing a textfile or changing a commandline. Just configure wavewizard once and let it work on all the files you have added to the program.

The conversion to the other formats are done with the help of external programs. But normaly you dont have to edit a single commandline, or even look at those dos programs running. Everything is done from the GUI.

Although its not very hard to use, the usage is a little different compared to other programs. So im again hoping someone wants to make a manual for this program. If you want to do this, just send me a PM. Ill email the program so you can start immediately .

EDIT: Someone responded to my request so no manual writer is currently needed.

Wavewizard now also supports wav's > 4gb and there have been a couple of minor bugfixes.

The programs which are currently supported are :

surcode cd (dts)
surcode dvd (dts)
twolame (mpeg 2)
ape (monkey's audio)
flac
wavpack
nero fends (frontend for nero aac)
MPC
lame (mp3)
Ogg

And as a bonus, all freely distributable programs (everything except surcode) can be downloaded from within the program, so no need to search and download the correct version with a browser.

Current issues:
- i tested this version and it does not run on winme. So i dont think it will run on win98 either. The good news is i already fixed the problem, and the next version should run normaly on winme (and possibly win98).

- The settings for nero fends in ww are completely ignored by cb.

- Mpc settings dont work correctly

- Athough ww accepts mpeg audio files (like mp3) it can absolutely NOT decode them.

Last edited by johnman; 4th August 2005 at 13:17.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote