View Single Post
Old 15th June 2017, 05:46   #23  |  Link
kriNon

Hey, thought that I should post an update.

So far I've managed to run the script on the first four episodes, and it has been quite successful in finding any errors. From what I have seen the script does tend to find a lot of false positives, but it is also quite sensitive to actual errors, finding some errors so small that I couldn't even notice straight away. The script especially finds a lot of false positives when the video is either panning, shaking or fading between two clips as a transition. What I have been doing is running the script and then checking each frame output manually for errors, which has sped up this process significantly.

What I have noticed is that there are three main different types of error that are detected.
The first type being where in some frames, most visible near lines, it seems like two frames have been overlaid but with a very slight offset, resulting in double lines running parallel. This is most often not very noticeable by eye.
The second type typically occurs during motion, and is where to some limited extent, the frame has elements of the frame before/after it overlaid upon it with.
The third type is the type that is shown in the sample I posted, which results in aliasing.

It seems that each type of error would require some slightly different filtering, some individual frames might even need to be modified in an image editing program.

For now I am going to prioritise checking each episode for errors using the script, and then rechecking the list of errors manually.

I will probably end up using a mixture of QTGMC, RX, Image editing software, and possibly After Effects if I can figure out how to achieve results like what poisondeathray did.
kriNon is offline   Reply With Quote