View Single Post
Old 24th November 2014, 07:23   #6  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmx View Post
Please note this is talking about an on-going issue with multiple monitors, multiple computers, multiple installations of Windows, etc. dating several years back (and of course, thousands of files). While some combinations of monitors, computers, graphics cards, and codecs have been better than others at dealing with this issue, I don't think it's just an issue with matching refresh rates.
but this is an refreshrate missmatch.
Quote:
VSync Interval: 41.67ms
movie frame interval: 42.00ms
a true 23p file has 41.71 ms and a true 24p file (rare) runs at 41.67 and this file runs at 42 ms. these are extreme huge differences.

as long as you can't run your display with about 42 ms you can't play this file without a judder.

and i know about small refreshrate issue. a repeated frame every 5 min is not totally unnormal but you get one every 1.5 sec because it is a simple miss match.

you can try your luck with a refreshrate tweak tool (at your own risk) or reclock.
Quote:
I can't use 60hz with 2160p with this 4K monitor. Also, smooth motion usually makes this problem worse when the refresh rate of the monitor is already approximately at the source refresh rate, partly due to how very taxing smooth motion is at higher resolutions --- it's almost the equiv. of doubling the frame count in terms of processing power required from my experiments.

Anyway this problem was worse with a different 24Hz-capable monitor, and still occurs at 48Hz, while getting significantly worse at 60Hz with or without smooth motion.

Note that the judder isn't bad, it's just noticeable at times --- some files more than others --- and I want to see what I can do about it.
SM without 50 or more hz is worthless in my eyes.

but SM cost nearly nothing even at 4k doesn't really matter just 4 times of the normal 1080p still a joke even to laczos resizing. if not used with ED of cause.

you shouldn't get any judder with 60 hz and SM on any normal monitor there was something not running properly. i'm not saying SM is perfect but judder is not the problem if your display displays a frame steady any 16.67 ms

you have or had a 48 hz dispaly was that native support? just overriding and forcing it do 48 hz can result in a lot of judder.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote