View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 21:50   #15  |  Link
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
I live in Europe yes, near a Google Fiber city though, got no idea of that, i live pretty much in the middle of nowhere, it's surprising there is even fiber here, it's not in the City at all.
Google Fiber is a US thing where it's practically the only case of fiber internet in the entire US that's being developed and expanded at all, but is currently only in a few big metro areas. Verizon FIOS was an older Fiber connection that's no longer being expanded but it also was really only in larger metro area, but mostly on the very east US coast.

In the US, being in the middle of nowhere (like I am) is pretty much a guarentee for having slow internet no thanks to regional duopolies between cable and phone companies. (contrary to what our overly-patriotic government officials say, the US is not the pinnacle of free markets)

Quote:
Hmm, i can decode 1080p vp9 with about 15% use. which in is 30% if i had 2 cores.
But i got a 4ghz OC intel, so not really comparable i guess.
Here's a handy chart that should give you an idea of the CPU performance between different architectures:

(Ivy Bridge and Haswell are not listed, but both would be a bit faster than Sandy Bridge)

Note that I can overclock my CPU to 3GHz, but I rarely feel the need to since I normally run my CPU undervolted at 1.1v and at times I even underclock to 1GHz @ 0.775v (which I can use for non-hardware accelerated 720p 30fps h.264)

Quote:
But i am guessing it runs at 100% for you and not keeping up?
I'm seeing 50-80% on just 720p 30fps VP9, I haven't even tried 1080p yet.

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 13th May 2014 at 21:53.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote