View Single Post
Old 17th November 2008, 12:24   #212  |  Link
teox99

thanx to all

first of all thanks to everybody for the great job!
Consider my contribute:
You can build a new kernerl 2.6.27.4 for the UDF support and The sun-java6-bin package. (JRE) for the apps.
I had some prob trying to get the "volume unique id" with aacskeys or dumpvid.exe, so the only way was to patch the device. i've a
GGW-H20L version YL03 patched to YL05, wine can patch only in root mode downloading the dll needed from the web! the trick works perfect. Now dumphd 0.5 can do everything alone and after few minutes you have all the m2ts files on the HD! the process works with BD+ discs protected too after finding the conv_tab with BDVM-Debugger.

Ok these were the good things now the watching test results!
I tested on PC with:
CPU Core2DUO 2.66GHZ, RAM 2GB, GeForce8800 GTX, 500GB HD SataII. [Windows Wista]
Under Vista using MediaPlayer with ffdshow the m2ts stream perfect the sound sometime is bad.

Under Linux:
mplayer, ffmpeg other codecs.
CPU 3.00GHZ, RAM 2GB, GeForce8500GT 1GB VRAM HDCP HDMI(nvidia linux driver.177.82), 500GB HD. [Slackware 12.1]
CPU Core2DUO 2.66GHZ, RAM 2GB, GeForce8800 GTX linux driver, 500GB HD SataII. [Ubuntu]
With normal Bluray protection, the m2ts streaming with mplayer works only with -frame drop enabled, the cpu loads 50%/60%
otherwise without frame dropping the movie crash after few seconds "sending too many pockets..." with 90%/95% cpu load.
About Bluray with BD+ protection it seems neither frame dropping is enough, the movie is too slow and "too many packets..." crash the player.
NO other mplayer flags or -vo seems to fix the prob.
I think for:
- a not correct decrypting?
- the audio track is too heavy to sync with the HD video...
- linux need better codecs to stream optimum HD files.

I have no prob with mplayer play HD-1080p wmv or mov files.
-------
from dumpHD process:
Some m2ts files are in different main language, you have to switch the audio track.
The files sequence seems to be not correct so you have to find it to watch the movie from the begin to the end.
-------
Other questions:
I use an HDMI connection PC to SONY-kdl40w4500 TV and the sound is always processed by the PC Sound Card, why?
HDMI signal include audio isnt it?

thats all!
thanks

Last edited by teox99; 17th November 2008 at 12:27.
teox99 is offline   Reply With Quote