View Single Post
Old 19th March 2019, 18:03   #55417  |  Link
blu3wh0

While I don't want to get much further into this, my statements were dependent on whether the user cares about accuracy in white point, color, etc. with regards to the source and what you expect/can deal with negatives of each option. This also implies you are only using ISF (Cinema/Technicolor for HDR, Game Mode HDR for games) with the expected configuration/calibration. I can't speak to what looks good to someone else as I don't know their settings and sometimes these might not matter much depending on content. However, Game Mode for SDR is absolutely garbage for the reasons listed, but it does have the low input lag needed. I would suggest you try getting PC Mode configured properly for at least games instead (setting your game system/PC to RGB 4:4:4 Full and matching TV settings would get you started).

PC Mode ISF in SDR should look almost exactly the same (not counting 4:4:4 vs 4:2:2, banding, input lag and 23 Hz judder) as HT in ISF using the exact same settings. This means white point, brightness, and contrast should not be any different, so I would make sure Full/Limited is set correctly relative to the GPU settings.

Edit: Sorry, I wrongly assumed you had a 2016 LG B6, I did not even notice the actual TV you have. Anything I said might not actually apply to you at all as I don't know anything about that range of models.

Last edited by blu3wh0; 19th March 2019 at 19:36.
blu3wh0 is offline   Reply With Quote