View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 17:43   #1069  |  Link
KoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh View Post
MPC sub renderer is the best Especially if you upscale video on playback.

As for internal subtitle mechanics, I'm not sure. Renderers (such as Haali's one) have a subtitle pin. As MPC renders in some user selected resolution (I personally use 1280x1024), I guess it is renderer's job to up/down scale the subtitle texture and blend it with the video. Using some filter in-between is a flexible but not optimal approach, imo.
I'm sorry to inform you, but the external vsfilter is more advanced in the features it supports than the internal MPC one. As for Haali's renderer, subtitle rendering happens with MPC by using vsfilter callbacks, so Haali's renderer doesn't magically use any other subtitling code, it's still vsfilter that does the job.

Similar advice to Mark_A_W, who also somehow believes Haali's renderer has a subtitler incorporated. Just use the vsfilter.dll I've linked to in a previous post, and be done with it. No more "madVR doesn't support subtitles" nonsense, please. This is the fourth time I write about this, but some people seem to have selective blindness.

Last edited by KoD; 17th May 2009 at 17:48.
KoD is offline   Reply With Quote