View Single Post
Old 7th October 2007, 13:48   #20  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
Here I will prompt your:
How did you design the algorithm for the removal of Blue-ray region coding?

Seriously, I am kind of curious.
OK. Here is the story.

I knew for long time that in order to remove Blu-ray region code, AnyDVD only modifies MovieObject.bdmv file. One day I accidentally came across file called "MovieObject.xsd". I found it in program folders of one of the Sonic's programs. Then I made an attempt to match real MovieObject.bdmv file from one of my Blu-ray movies with that schema. I spent an evening doing that, and to my surprise, I succeeded in doing so. After that, I wrote a program which parses MovieObject.bdmv file and converts it to readable and analyzable form, MovieObject.bdmv.txt file.

Then I applied this program to all 18 MovieObject.bdmv files of 18 Blu-ray movies I had at that time (In fact, only 6 of them had region code). Also I applied it to AnyDVD's modified versions of MovieObject.bdmv files (4 different versions of each file - with different AnyDVD settings: Automatic, Region A, B, and C). Then I compared original and AnyDVD's versions of MovieObject.bdmv.txt files. After that, I figured out the algorithm. Also, to make sure that the criteria I was going to use to decide when to modify a byte, are indeed correct, I was opening each MovieObject.bdmv.txt file in Excel, and did some analysis after applyng standard filter.

The biggest surpise to me after all that was that I figured out that my original theory on what exactly AnyDVD does when it removes Blu-ray region code was wrong. I thought that it does some kind of re-routing. In fact, from the code it looks like it substitutes region code which supposed to come from player, with predefined region code which you tell it to use. So this happens before any routing.

So you see that in fact all the credit for removing Blu-ray region code should go to Slysoft. I just did some reverse engineering.

Here you can download the code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/60880377..._Code.zip.html
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote