View Single Post
Old 5th March 2014, 20:33   #24318  |  Link
DigitalLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
This question is asked a lot, and there's no simple answer. It all depends on which algorithms you want to use, which input/output resolutions need to be supported and which movie framerate and display refresh rate etc. Just as an example: If you need support for 60p, the GPU has to be almost 2.5x as fast as it would have to be if you limited yourself to 24p. So that shows clearly how much all of this depends on your exact requirements.

AMD and NVidia have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, so I can't give a clear recommendation for either one, either. If you decide to get something from AMD, you should definitely get a 7xxx series GPU.
well the new projector is a Sony VPL-VW500ES 4k projector.. so for me to get the best picture.. what card should i use?

would i still get a 7xxx or should i get a 280x/290/290x?

most source material is 1080p24 so i honest don't know what i should buy.. i will spend alot of time testing everything out later on but my knowledge around it all is very limited so i will be back i will get it ISF calibrated and i will probably use some filters and pre/post processing...