View Single Post
Old 19th April 2004, 22:01   #4  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Crackhead - But isn't the method you are explaining exactly the same D2SRoba is doing in its auto-mode? (with conditional sizing pass on and no limits set)
No, although they are both from the same root "Bach" process. A single 1% sample is used in the above alternative process rather than multiple samples used in D2SRoBa for size prediction and most importantly CCE multpass is used as the encoding method so it should be clear that they are quite different. [edited]

This was primarily a project targeted at some other programs that needed to use multipass to fit multiple encodes on one disk, but also needed to monitor quality before the encode was started. A simple way to create a "GO - NO/GO" was needed without the complexity of the size convergence sampling of D2SRoBa. Remember, tylo had to spend a very long time, and I am sure quite a few gray hairs, on D2SRoBa to make it what it is today.

Also, this may be a way to provide a "quality monitor" as a possible future enhancement for D2S that would not require a large effort to implement.

As well, non DVD2SVCD/DVD users who do not have the great luxury of a D2SRoBa, might also find it helpful.

Being located in the DVD2SVCD advanced forum might make it confusing. As a mod for this forum, I could more easily add the attachments and work on it at my leisure.

Last edited by DDogg; 5th May 2004 at 23:00.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote