View Single Post
Old 30th October 2005, 17:27   #27  |  Link
castellandw

I mentioned in some other post about motion compensation using phase correlation being used by video engineers, especially for broadcast standards conversion (PAL to NTSC, NTSC to PAL, etc). Mug Funky mentioned that this could be accomplished by block overlapped motion compensation. Of course, MVTools can be used for motion compensation, but Fizick recently created a Block Overlap Plugin along with a sample script to use with MVTools to create block overlap motion compensation (I tested out Fizick's block overlap plugin with MVTools and it did produce better results). Mug Funky also mentioned that phase correllation could be achieved with the DePan plugin, but also some other tricks need to be involved. Mug Funky, do you know what other tricks need to be involved for AviSynth since it's possible to achieve block overlapped motion compensation in Avisynth (Block Overlap Plugin By Fizick with MVTools) and with phase correlation (possibly Depan plugin)?

@mg262, that message thread where my link to the pdf on Snell Converter's guide to motion compensation was posted, I posted the link to that message thread on another site with big expert video engineers, and one video engineer told me that motion compensation was revolutionary in 1994 and no other technique was surpassed it. So what I'm saying is that those papers posted on that message thread, especially papers by De Haan or true motion estimation using feature correspondences don't compare to that motion compensation technique with phase correlation according to that guy.

@all, any comments on what I mentioned about motion compensation?
castellandw is offline   Reply With Quote