View Single Post
Old 11th April 2009, 12:31   #103  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
So the "video elite" want's to run madVR in such old graphics cards?
Please remember that madVR needs lot of shader processing power, and the old cards have very few shader processing units... My GF 8600GT only has 16, and it barelly keeps up with it. So, if we really want to use madVR, we should start thinking in upgrading... of course madshi could be able to optimize the code, but in the end it will always be a question of shading power. You have it or not.
It would be great if people with more recent cards would test it and post the results, so we could be able to see if it's just our cards that cannot handle it.

I can help you with the 3dlut files creation, but you have to be more specific with your problems... Which source, which other renderers are you comparing? video levels or PC levels?

madshi,
are you ok with using this thread for 3dlut discussions, or will you prefer that we discuss 3dlut stuff in another thread?
Yeah....that 2 year old junk

I guess we need to figure out the minimum required card for 1080p video, if it is these cards that are the issue. I was looking at video card prices and for the ~$200 or so I paid for the 2600XT, I can get a 4850 or somesuch.

What's Madshi got (cue re-reading this thread..)? That would be a good place to start!

And yes please, can you create a thread with the basics of creating a 3dlut?

Currently I run a custom gamma curve (hand crafted with VideoEqualiser which a CRT owner in the AVS CRT forum wrote), on a CRT calibrated with HCFR (which was in-turn calibrated against Colorfacts with the help of a friend).

Can I use HCFR to help generate a 3d lut? Does it/can it replace my custom gamma curve?

Please answer in a new thread!

Thanks

Mark
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote