View Single Post
Old 20th March 2004, 17:01   #6  |  Link
Data

Quote:
Originally posted by manono
I may be able to fix the jerky play for you. Open one of the episodes in VDubMod. Set Video to Direct Stream Copy. Then go Streams->Stream List and you'll see the audio listed. Then right-click on the audio and and set Preload for 96 ms. Set Interleaving for 96 ms (not frames). And if you remember the delay, or still have that the streams list that DVDDecrypter gave you, or the original audio file, then set that also. Then OK your way out of there, and go File->Save as... and give it another name. Wait a minute or so, and then test it out.
I think it has increased the smoothness slightly, but not much

Quote:
Originally posted by manono
And if you step through that scene, you'll see it's filled with blended frames. Evidently the TNGs for PAL are garbage. You might want to try out Restore24 on them sometime. You can find info about it in the AviSynth forum.
You're right, that's the cause. When I look at the DrDivX encoded file again, I almost see none of these blended frames. Looks like they already removed them with an algorithm. The AutoGK avi is filled with these blended frames.

Well it's becoming more and more evident, that I have to switch to GK in order to get the results I need. (so much for my need to have a "simple" tool for the job LOL)

I'm still somewhat overwhealmed by the info on the restore24 thread, I think I'm gonna figure it our eventually, but where do I get the dlls they use in the scripts:
loadplugin("C:\x\masktools141.dll")
loadplugin("C:\x\kerneldeint140.dll")
loadplugin("C:\x\avisynth_c.dll")
loadplugin("C:\x\smartdecimate.dll")
loadplugin("C:\x\mpeg2dec.dll")
loadplugin("C:\x\unfilter.dll")
loadplugin("C:\x\sangnom.dll")

mpeg2dec.dll & tomsmocomp.dll I found (in my GK directory)

Thanks again

Data

Last edited by Data; 20th March 2004 at 17:03.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote